Trinity community raises over £3,500 in Charity Week
The Trinity community came together for this term’s Charity Week, raising over £3,500.
Students and staff took part in activities to raise funds for organisations including WaterAid and the WWF.
A swimathon, where nine teams of students from Junior to Third Year swam for 20 minutes and covered 485 lengths, raised over £600 from sponsorship and gift aid. The overall winners were 3B and 3J, who swam 67 lengths. If you still want to make a donation, it would be gratefully received on our swimathon JustGiving page.
We also hosted another ‘Great Trinity Bake Off’, with 30 fantastic entries all relating to this term’s ‘environment’ theme. Money raised from selling the cakes went to the WWF’s Australian Bushfire Appeal, and the winners were as follows:
- Star Baker: Theo Papacharalambous (3A)
- Best Design: George Brown (3P) and Luke McDowall (4F)
- Best Taste: Ali Naqi Rizvi (JL)
- Best use of environmentally friendly ingredients: Adam Keogh (3J)
- Highly Commended, Design: Dominic Coates (3B), Mr Coma, Louis D’Arcy (2R), Chris Legge (2T), Haroon Quraishi (3P)
- Highly Commended, Taste: Adam Nabjee (3P), Freddie Waring (JL)
Along with mufti day, and 1P’s highly entertaining original play, £3,739 was raised during the week. Along with last term’s fundraising efforts, we have raised over £7,500 so far for charity this year.
Thank you to all the Trinity community for taking part!