- Trinity colleague named 'Real Rugby Hero'
- Trinity student qualifies for British Youth Fencing Championships
- Trinity Boys' Choir perform A Midsummer Night's Dream with English National Opera
- Trinity host Facets of Science lecture evening
- Fifth Year Douglas Sheppard selected for England U17 Water Polo team
- Zain Lam wins five gold medals in the Surrey Age Group Swimming Championships
- Trinity 1st XV Rugby Team through to National Finals
- Tickets now available for The Importance of Being Earnest
- Trinity's Lower School Drama production a hit with audience!
Head of Department - Mr Matt Richbell
Subject: Physical Education (AQA)
- GCSE (AQA Syllabus 4890)
- AS Level (OCR Syllabus H154)
- A2 Level (OCR Syllabus H554)
GCSE students will be able to earn 60% of marks from their coursework, with practical performance producing the lion’s share of the marks.
AS students will be concerned with analysing and evaluating the factors that bring a sportsman from any starting point to competition level. 40% of marks are awarded for practical coursework here with a requirement to show skills in two different activities which can be a variety of roles (performer, official, coach).
A2 students will then study the influences which will facilitate/inhibit progress to elite levels. Again 40% of marks are awarded to coursework. Students will focus on one role in one activity but practical skills have to be backed up by constructive analysis.
The department is well-resourced with its own sport science bookshelves to augment the relevant sections of the school library. In addition, a wealth of theoretical and coaching materials has been gathered together in both book and electronic form.