Head of Department - Mr Levent Husnu
Head of Productions - Mr Chris Chambers
In Drama, we work as a team and we believe progress comes by encouraging others to think for themselves and make suggestions. By doing this, we achieve a better understanding of ourselves and others, and improve our skills in teamwork and creative thinking. We come up with ideas and shape them through our own decisions, setting ourselves goals and achieving them through concentration, cooperation and creativity. In Drama everyone's contribution is significant and valued.
Our aim is to:
- enable the child to explore and express ideas, feelings and experiences through a range of activities
- enable the child to develop natural abilities and acquire techniques
- practise the skills necessary for creative expression and for joyful participation
- enable the child to see and to solve problems creatively through imaginative thinking and so encourage individuality and enterprise
- foster a critical appreciation of theatre for personal fulfilment and enjoyment - encourage in pupils a lively interest in culture and the arts
- provide a supportive and disciplined environment
- prepare pupils for the world of further education
At GCSE, all boys are taught in mixed ability classes and follow the WJEC specifications. At A Level, students follow the Edexcel Drama and Theatre Studies course - visit our DRAMA page in the Sixth Form page for more details. LAMDA Acting examinations are taken by a large number of students across the school. Classes are taught in the Mitre Theatre, Drama studio or one of two rehearsal rooms. Outside the classroom examination students are catered for through a programme of theatre visits.