- Trinity colleague named 'Real Rugby Hero'
- Trinity student qualifies for British Youth Fencing Championships
- Trinity Boys' Choir perform A Midsummer Night's Dream with English National Opera
- Trinity host Facets of Science lecture evening
- Fifth Year Douglas Sheppard selected for England U17 Water Polo team
- Zain Lam wins five gold medals in the Surrey Age Group Swimming Championships
- Trinity 1st XV Rugby Team through to National Finals
- Tickets now available for The Importance of Being Earnest
- Trinity's Lower School Drama production a hit with audience!
Head of Department - Ms Peishu Lin
Teacher of Chinese - Mrs Xiuli Phasey
Trinity is a Confucius classroom, one of 35 schools in the UK to receive funding to develop Chinese. We take part in competitions, stage shows and offer a rigorous academic programme with over 130 students on timetable.
Chinese is offered as a language option from the First Year to the Fifth Year. From September 2017 we will be offering the Pre-U course in Chinese to Sixth Form students. All our courses are in Mandarin, the government language of the People's Republic of China, and the most widely spoken Chinese language. Five of our ex students are now at leading Universities studying Chinese.
The GCSE course includes both spoken and written Chinese and a background to Chinese culture. All the school computers are networked for Chinese input and we use interactive games in addition to the more traditional methods of teaching. Please see the Sixth Form pages for details of the Chinese Pre-U course.
From the Third Form upwards pupils are offered the opportunity to take part in a home exchange programme with schools in China and Taiwan. A tour to China is organised every other year during the Easter holidays and this is open to all pupils from the third form upwards with priority being given to pupils studying Chinese. Pupils opting to take Chinese GCSE will take Edexcel Chinese simplified characters four skills examination.