Open Morning for entry in September 2019 will be on Saturday 6th October 2018, see our events page for more details.
Choosing the right school for your child is clearly a hugely important and potentially difficult task.
There are four main ages for entry for Trinity School:
- at 10+, into the Junior Form: approximately 46 boys
- at 11+, into the First Form: approximately 70 boys
- at 13+, into the Third Form: no set number
- at 16+, into the Sixth Form: no set number
Entry at other ages may be possible if a vacancy occurs.
Why apply for 10+ entry?
There are two main reasons why parents apply for 10+ entry. Firstly, the smaller number of boys joining at 10+ (Junior Form) means that boys soon get to know each other well and this helps them to become used to the environment of a larger school. Secondly, they are anxious to get their son into Trinity and applying at 10+ is a way of maximising the chances of his winning a place. If he is not awarded a place at 10+ then he can try again at 11+ with a better understanding of what is required.
Why apply for 13+ entry?
The majority of pupils applying at 13+ do so because they wish to take advantage of the opportunities provided by their son's current prep school in Years 7 and 8, particularly the positions of responsibility they can hold in the school at this level. Most of our 13+ pupils come from Bickley Park, Cumnor House, Dulwich College Prep and Homefield Prep. Others may come to us having completed two years in a state secondary school. Very occasionally, boys who were unsuccessful in the 11+ exam reapply at 13+.For information about 16+ entry click here
Via the links in the menu above you will find details of everything you need to apply to Trinity including details of the generous scholarship and bursary provision which allows pupils from a broad range of backgrounds, and with a breadth of talents, to benefit from the education we provide.
There are currently 990 students at Trinity; approximately 60% come from state primary schools, with the remaining 40% having attended private prep schools.