- Trinity colleague named 'Real Rugby Hero'
- Trinity student qualifies for British Youth Fencing Championships
- Trinity Boys' Choir perform A Midsummer Night's Dream with English National Opera
- Trinity host Facets of Science lecture evening
- Fifth Year Douglas Sheppard selected for England U17 Water Polo team
- Zain Lam wins five gold medals in the Surrey Age Group Swimming Championships
- Trinity 1st XV Rugby Team through to National Finals
- Tickets now available for The Importance of Being Earnest
- Trinity's Lower School Drama production a hit with audience!
A Level Course Requirements
A LEVEL SUBJECTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2018
Most students will study four subjects during the year. New applicants will be required to confirm their A Level choices when they accept their offer of a place in the Sixth Form.
Grade Criteria for A-Level Courses
Most students will have an A or A* grade at GCSE in the subjects or related subjects that they take at A Level. Below are the specific grade criteria for candidates for each course.
Please note that this is the list of A Level subjects we are planning to offer to students who join the Lower Sixth in September 2018. Whilst every effort will be made to meet students' choices, it may not be possible to provide every combination requested.
‘B in English’ means a grade B in either English Language or Literature.
1 Art and Photography may not both be studied.
2 In Double Award Science the performance on the relevant paper may be taken into account.
3 If students wish to take one of these subjects without having taken it at GCSE they must consult the relevant Head of Department.
4 Students considering Further Mathematics will need to discuss their options with the Head of Department and complete some extension work prior to commencing the course.
Progress to Upper Sixth will normally require at least a grade C in the examinations taken at the end of the Lower Sixth. Upper Sixth students will take at least three A-Level subjects and, for many, three will be sufficient.
Decisions about which subjects to continue with to A level will be made during the Summer Term of the Lower Sixth or, where necessary, after results are known in August.